Fall Arrest Harness FW-3, Three D-Rings
Fall Arrest Harness FW-3 (formerly known as FW-1) is a general full body harness and is part of a Personal Fall Arrest System (PFAS) and meets or exceeds ANSI/ASSE Z359.1-2007 requirements.
Fall arrest harness FW-3 is equipped with 3 D-Rings and shall be used along with a shock absorbing lanyard (such as Lewis SLOWSTOP™) for general applications where fall arrest is required.
Fall Arrest Harness FW-3 is to provide fall arrest when the user falls toward the ground in either a feet-first or head-first attitude. As part of a Personal Fall Arrest System (PFAS) the harness can also be used for work positioning, climbing, or rescue. In a fall, the design provides body support to contain the torso and distribute the fall arrest forces over the upper thighs, pelvis, chest and shoulders.
Total Fall Distance:
Per ANSI requirements a fall arrest harness should be anchored in a manner that limits free fall to the shortest possible distance of 6 feet or less. The use of Energy Absorbing Personal (EAP) lanyard such as the shock absorbing Lewis Fall Deceleration Lanyard Slowstop is highly recommended to reduce fall arresting forces. However shock absorbers can elongate up to 3-1/2 feet. This elongation distance must be considered when choosing a tie-off point. Please refer to Calculating Total Fall Distance (TFD) on this website to see example of TFD calculations.
Fall Arrest Harness FW-3 Features:
- The FW-3 is constructed of a High-Visibility yellow nylon webbing.
- The nylon webbing is light-weight yet very strong and along with independent leg straps in a Rappelling design improve comfort, safety and fit.
- The nylon webbing is treated for UV Light resistance.
- The nylon webbing has a wear stripe indicator woven within the mesh.
- 3 D-Rings:
» One for fall arrest lanyard connection located on the back between the shoulder blades and is marked with letter “A“.
» One on the back at waist level that provides a well placed leverage point for work positioning only while working high on a rig.
» One on the front at waist level also for work positioning only. This D-Ring can be used for climbing up the rig.
- Equipped with 3 Quick-Release Disconnects, One on the cross-chest strap and One on each of the two leg straps.
- Conventional tongue buckle on the waist belt.
- Meets or Exceeds ANSI/ASSE Z359.1-2007 standards.
« FW-3 IS NOT ARC FLASH RATED »
« MAXIMUM WORKING LOAD IS 300 LBS. INCLUDING CLOTHING & GEAR »
|Part No.||Waist Size Range Inches||Waist Size Range cm||Max Work Load|
|FW-3-XS||28-36"||71-91 cm||300 lbs.|
|FW-3-S||28-38"||71-97 cm||300 lbs.|
|FW-3-R||36-44"||91-112 cm||300 lbs.|
|FW-3-L||41-49"||104-124 cm||300 lbs.|
|FW-3-XL||42-52"||107-132 cm||300 lbs.|
|FW-3-XXL||48-60"||122-152 cm||300 lbs.|
A fall arrest harness should be anchored in a manner that limits free fall to the shortest possible distance of 6 feet or less. The use of Energy Absorbing Personal (EAP) lanyard such as the shock absorbing Lewis SLOWSTOP™ lanyard is highly recommended to reduce fall arresting forces. However shock absorbers can elongate up to 3-1/2 feet. This elongation distance must be considered when choosing a tie-off point.
Read and follow all relevant Safety & Operating Instructions before using this product. It is important that you read and understand all breaking strength, safety and technical data relating to all Lewis Manufacturing Company products before use.
FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
ALTERATION OR IMPROPER USE OF THIS FALL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT CAN RESULT IN SEVERE BODILY HARM OR EVEN DEATH
- Do not alter this harness in any way. Lewis Manufacturing does not assume any liability for accident or injuries resulting from a field repaired or altered belt and/or harness.
- This harness is Not Arc Flash rated.
- All Warnings and Instructions must be read, understood, and followed completely by the user before use.
- Maximum Working Load is 300 lbs., Do Not Use this harness if your total weight, including your gear, is more than 300 lbs. (136 kg.)
- It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure the authorized person and users have received proper training prior to using Lewis Manufacturing Co.’s fall protection equipment.
- The proper training shall include inspection, use, storing and maintaining the equipment in accordance with these instructions and or the user’s employer organization’s Safety Officer’s instructions.
- Each unit shall be visually inspected for defects prior to each use as instructed in the inspection section of the manual.
- Hazards exist when working in and around machinery moving and rotating parts, and electrical equipment, sharp edges and abrasive surfaces. Take precautions to protect against these hazards.
- This fall arrest harness is not intended as a suspension harness. For long periods of suspension a harness with a seat is recommended.
- Visually check all connections to assure they are proper & secure before each use.
- Use only lanyards equipped with Locking Snap Hooks, never attach non-locking snaps to a D-Ring.
- Always visually check that each snap hook freely engages D-Ring or anchor point and that its keeper is completely closed.
- Never disable locking keeper or alter connecting device in any way.
- Do not attach multiple lanyards together, or attach a lanyard back onto itself.
- Do not tie knots in lanyards.
- Do not wrap lanyards around sharp or rough edges. Use a cross arm strap to wrap around surface and connect to lanyard snap hook. For extremely sharp surfaces, use wear pad to protect strap from damage.
- Do not allow rope or webbing to contact high temperature surfaces, welding, or other heat sources.
- Anchor & tie-off points must be compatible with snap hook and not be capable of causing a load applied to snap hook keeper.
- Snap hook should be positioned so that its keeper is never loadbearing.
- Anchor point must be capable of supporting 5,000 pounds Per Worker.
- Never use an anchor point to prevent snap hook keeper to close.
For any questions or comments regarding safe usage of this product, please